Barbecue, swimming pools, and fire works!
These are the necesitos of Dia de la Independicia!
Everyone is having a cookout and the skies will be filled with “bombs bursting in air.”
Guys will be wearing plastic hats with streamers, big sunglasses with the American Flag on the lenses, and all sorts of party favors.
Pero as a man of style, how can you stand out from everyone else? What can you do to remain fashionable as well as fly the flag?
It’s obvio (obvious) that you should wear the Stars and Stripes, but how?
1. INCORPORATE STARS AND STRIPES IN ONE PIECEIt’s important that the rest of the outfit is simple. Stars and Stripes can really compete and look too busy if you have it all over the outfit. Usualmente when the pattern is in one item, it’s done perfectly. It’s the highlight of the outfit, so less is more Light accessories with a colored shoe will work if you want to round out the look. Admittedly it’s risky as it can border on being too occupado (busy), buts it’s worth a try.
2. ACCESSORIZE WITH CLASSIC PIECESYou want to have classico pieces because they can be worn all year. Red, white, and blue are colors that work in every season. Additionally, it’s important that patterns are not overpowering. You can guarantee that this won’t happen by wearing solids that break the patterns up. Also, the the Stars and Stripes should not be on the same accessory. They need to be separate or broken up. In the above pic, the patterns are broken up by the white shirt and the blazer. Again, this is so they eye doesn’t get confused with competing patterns.
3. WEAR STARS & STRIPES ON FOOTWEARWearing the pattern on your feet should be done with a simple outfit. You can tie in the colors in the shoe with headgear or other accessories for continuity. It critical that you remember that the Stars and Stripes are the focus of the outfit. Footwear is beyond importante so you don’t need to overdo it.
4. DRESS IN STARS AND STRIPES OF DIFFERENT COLORSCambie (change) the game with different colors of Stars and Stripes. Because it’s such a recognizable pattern that conjures so much emotion, the change of pace with different colors will really stand out. It’s best to have both Stars and Stripes on the same article of clothing when the colors aren’t red, white, and azúl.
5. STARS WITH A COLORED SHOEStripes are common place in menswear; everyone has them. So having them be the highlight of an outfit is, well…regular! What’s the punto of being ordinary? For a different look, let the stars shine in your outfit. And you know I’m partial to a colored zapato! It just works!!!
Stay fly mis amigos!