It’s no secreto that a well made traje (suit) is the quintessential element of a gentleman’s wardrobe. Quite frankly, it’s a must! And, to not have one goes against the fabric of gentlemanly cultura.
The brand of suit isn’t as importante as the fit. Ahora, don’t get me wrong, certain brands have certain reputaciones for quality or lack thereof. My favorito brand is Tallia Orange! I’m partial to them porque they take risks. Whether it’s playing with patrones (patterns) or mixing up fabrics on lapel, their styling is always on point. They pay attention to detail.
Yo soy ( I am) athletically built so “off the rack” suiting can be a bit troublesome for me. Tallia Orange suit jackets and blazers have a great off the rack fit for the delgado (slim) yet athletically built señor. Otra (another) great feature of this brand is the lining of the suit jacket. Cada (each) chaqueta has printed silk lining. This subtle exquisite feature is an added bonus of refinement and elegance for this well made suit.
Tradicionalmente suits are business attire or formal wear and as such, have very formal styling rules. I’m challenging one of this rules in this post. NO SOCKS!
Although I’m wearing a traje (suit), I wanted to go for a more casual look. Donning a suit with no corbata (tie) and no calcetines (socks) accomplishes this. There are, however, un poco (a few) things to consider when sporting this look.
- Wear the right shoe. As a generalization, loafers, moccasins, and double monk strap shoes work best.
- Make sure that the ankles are in good shape! Your skin should be well moisturized.
- The cut of the leg should be slim, or at least tapered at the bail. The point of the look is to showcase the zapato! A wider bail will cover the shoe.
- The pant leg should not break over the shoe. It’s ok to “flood”or wear “high water” pants with mocassins or slippers. Again, the shoe is the focal point of the look.
Ahora, this looks isn’t for everyone but for those who are brave enough to try, use these simple guidelines.
When searching for loafers and mocassins, visit my good friends at Bachelor Shoes. They’ll definitely take care of you!
Stay fly my friends!
- Suit | Tallia Orange
- Shirt | Nordstrom
- Slippers | Bachelor Shoes
- Lapel Pin | Harrison Blake
- Pocket Square | Original Penguin